Friday 8 March 2013

African Print + Vintage Elegance

Hello Loviessss,

Its another fabulous friday and as usual i am so looking forward to the weekend. By the way was anyone stuck in the terrible traffic in Victoria Island Lagos yesterday? I was in it for hours on my way back from a meeting. It wasn't even funny at all so i decided to sit my pretty self in the office today and do my reports.

I found this lovely Summer 2013 collection by Stella Jean and i thought to share. The designer brings vintage elegance to the African print in this collection. 

This collection reeks of inspiration from the ladies who elegantly walked the streets in the 50′s; how i love the 50's fashion. Armed with  classic cuts,  silhouettes and  gaze holding prints.

While i am aware there are so many other designers who bring African print to the next level, this collection stands out.

Hot or Eishh? Let me know what you think.

Thanks for always reading.

xoxo.



Quote of the Day: It doesn't cost you anymore brain power to dream big than to dream small.












Photo Credit: Freshwall

9 comments:

  1. Olive Says...

    The collection is definitely hot, not eishh. Vintage and trendy. I wish my tailor was this good *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olive Lovie,

      Its definitely Hot. I know right re: your tailor :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the quote "It doesn't cost you anymore brain power to dream big than to dream small. Nice collection, it also has a spaghetti western feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dressed Lovie,

      I thought so too when i saw the collection. Thanks for always reading. *kisses* xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hey there! I know this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does operating a well-established website like yours take a massive amount work?
    I'm brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can share my experience and feelings online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for brand
    new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my webpage: michael kors chain tote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey anonymous,

      Thanks for your comment on my blog, flattered you think my blog is well-established :-)

      It doesn't take a massive amount of work. Depending on what your plans are, you may choose to start with a blog then upgrade to a website later.

      The blog option provides designs/brand options etc. It might feel like its tricky in the beginning but you'll eventually get a hang of it.

      All the best, will definitely check your webpage.

      Thanks for stopping by. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think this designer put a lot of creativity cos it doesn't look like your regular ankara designs. The styling is phenomenal, very vintage indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovie,

      I am also in love with the styling. The designer did an absolutely amazing job with the collection.

      Delete