Today's post is inspired by the 40's & 50's fashion; The Ladylike trend.
Characterized by waist cinching dresses, pencil skirts, pussy-bow blouses, peplums worn with pointed toe shoes, and high-waisted trousers – It is all about flaunting the female figure.
Usually described as classy, prim and proper; modest and elegant, the LADYLIKE trend is the embodiment of sultry sophistication.
Audrey Hepburn is most famous for wearing this trend and more recently First Lady Michelle Obama.
This trend is also common amongst celebrities from Beyonce to actresses Carey Mulligan, Singer Taylor Swift etc.
The modern look is done with graphic prints and embellished materials making it fresh.
We've put together a few easy ways to pull off this look.
- Choose a bubble shape.
- Look for a shape that’s nice and structured, but with some feminine details, like the pretty bows. That way, the dress can work for the office as well as for cocktail parties and weddings.
- Accessorize with a scarf.
- Accessorize with pearls, belts.
- Tie on a bow blouse. A billowy tie-neck top looks fresh, skims over curves, and feels as easy as your go-to button-down.
- Go corset inspired.
- Embrace strategic draping. True, the cut may seem formfitting, but the little center knot on this refined pick does a whole lot to conceal any hint of a pooch.
- Don't shy away from sparkle, sequins.
- Try some sheer bits.
- Fake an hour glass.
- Hello curves. Accent your rear.
- Try skinny trousers.
- Do ruffles
As always we have loads of pictures. Thanks for always reading.
The bubble shape
The peplum look very ladylike
Circle bubble skirt
Tie on bow blouse
Draping to conceal any hint of pouch
Beyonce in Alexander Mcqueen bell sleeve dress
Lovely skinny pants and heels
Ladylike nail polish
Accessorize with a scarf
Photo Credit: Pinterest, Bezalel and Oholiab