Thursday 13 October 2011

Architecture Vs Human Anatomy Inspired designs

Hello Loviessss,


Its so good to be back, I'm as fit as a fiddle now and my exams went very well. I have missed my blog life :-)


Now to today's post..... You know how you see some designs and you are left in awe of how creative the designer is but you really can't help but wonder how wearable some of the pieces are ???


While in london recently i came across some amazing pieces by a designer i'd never heard of - David Koma and i was blown away. 
He just graduated from Central Saint Martins last year–but I was immediately taken by his work. I love his architectural shapes and his ability to make strong, modern clothes without getting too crazy. 


I also came across pieces by a super talented fashion designer Yiqing Yin. Yiqing has been able to focus on creating some extraordinary pieces. Her obsessions seem to be evening dresses, couture and getting inspiration from the human anatomy. Not that she’s interested in science: instead, she reinterprets the body’s intricacy–the flex of muscles, sinews and tendons–in incredibly sexy ways, using ruching, draping and every other technique of the dressmaker’s art. And I loved it all! 


I also found a dress by Emanuel Ungaro and i totally loved the fabric..... 


While i realize the architectural shapes or human anatomy designs are not for every woman :-) i salute their creativity.


Hope you enjoy and appreciate each piece.


xoxo.




 David Koma's Architectural Piece(Now available at Harrods)

    Yiqing Yin (inspired by the Human Anatomy) 



Not sure about the model wearing the ruche dress (eyes rolling - too skinny)

             Emanuel Ungaro - Luv Luv the fabric
Photo source - Stephen Isreal

3 comments:

  1. There is something about the first and last piece I love. I think its because they are wearable. Thumbs up to the designers. Like you pointed out, the model in the 5th picture is way too skinny. Imagine someone with a little more flesh wearing that dress, it would have looked more appealing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first piece by yiqing yin, I can see the human anatomy (skeletal) interpretation but with an Asian twist. In my opinion, I think African designers should get this creative cos being a designer isn't always about making pretty pieces:))) Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like, really like these designers. yiqing yin's pieces are attractive and intelligent,makes u observe n brain storm, tryna figure out what is what. Emmanuel koma's pieces are nice as well, like d colour combo and designs especiallx the first photo.

    ReplyDelete